Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I hate politicians

MalO

Elite
I contacted my senator (Kirsten Gillibrand) about the absurd cost of new cars and how it is negatively impacting American families, and especially poor people because not only are $30,000 new cars completely unaffordable to many people, when they become used cars 5 to 10 years from now they will still be completely unaffordable to poor people.

What are poor Americans supposed to do 10 years from now when there are no more affordable used cars?

We need a $10,000 new car in the USA. Toyota released the Champ pickup truck in South Korea and Thailand which costs about $10,000 new. Why isn't it for sale in the USA?

I asked her to repeal any emissions or safety regulations which are preventing affordable vehicles from being sold in the USA. I also pointed out that we were lied to about EV's. Back when Obama was in office he funded green technology companies and we were promised a green technology revolution, complete with EV's. There are no affordable EV's. But there are affordable vehicles - in other countries. Not the USA.

I told her that the American people need affordable vehicles now, not vague promises of cheap EV"s years from now which will never materialize. I told her that these affordable vehicles already exist, and should be available in the USA, but they aren't. Please fix that.

Today I got a response.

Dear Mr. [redacted],

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on the Secure the Border Act. I appreciate your perspective on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I am committed to fixing our broken immigration system and stand ready to work on bipartisan immigration policies. The best way to live up to our traditions as both a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws is to combine effective border security with a fair, orderly, and humane immigration system.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me on border security. I will keep your comments in mind as Congress considers and votes on the Secure the Border Act and immigration-related legislation.

It is a great honor to serve as Senator for the state of New York. Please do not hesitate to contact my office again if you have any further questions or concerns. To better stay in touch, please sign up to receive my e-newsletter at https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/help/subscribe-to-the-email-newsletter/.

What. The. Fuck?

She also sent me a spam mail about fighting a national abortion ban. I don't care about that shit.

She could have at least read my fucking email.

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
I contacted my senator (Kirsten Gillibrand) about the absurd cost of new cars and how it is negatively impacting American families, and especially poor people because not only are $30,000 new cars completely unaffordable to many people, when they become used cars 5 to 10 years from now they will still be completely unaffordable to poor people.

What are poor Americans supposed to do 10 years from now when there are no more affordable used cars?

We need a $10,000 new car in the USA. Toyota released the Champ pickup truck in South Korea and Thailand which costs about $10,000 new. Why isn't it for sale in the USA?

I asked her to repeal any emissions or safety regulations which are preventing affordable vehicles from being sold in the USA. I also pointed out that we were lied to about EV's. Back when Obama was in office he funded green technology companies and we were promised a green technology revolution, complete with EV's. There are no affordable EV's. But there are affordable vehicles - in other countries. Not the USA.

I told her that the American people need affordable vehicles now, not vague promises of cheap EV"s years from now which will never materialize. I told her that these affordable vehicles already exist, and should be available in the USA, but they aren't. Please fix that.

Today I got a response.

What. The. Fuck?

She also sent me a spam mail about fighting a national abortion ban. I don't care about that shit.

She could have at least read my fucking email.
She doesn't give a shit about the American people, and would rather see you dead than in an affordable car.

CuriousFiend

Elite
I don't feel like I'm being represented in this Republic.
As you clearly already know and are alluding to, and regardless whether not feeling–or otherwise so feeling –represented, the simple truth is not one American man or woman has been represented in the implied context for well over two centuries.

Of course as we can all see, particularly when really looking, the entirety of the individual–& collective–north American states governmental systems have long since become substituted with illegitimate frauds, complete with subversive foreign infiltration and treasonous fellow countrymen all acting out their various roles for performing the farcical politiking charade.

"The Constitution for the united states of America established a Federal democratic republic. It is the system of the Federal Government; it is democratic because the people govern themselves; and it is a republic because the Government’s power is derived from its people."

Is the 'Constitution for the united states of America' the exact same thing being referenced with the 'U.S. Constitution', the 'United States Constitution', or the 'Constitution of the United States of America'...?

MalO

Elite

The price difference is mind boggling. I would love this truck and I have no doubt it's a completely functional and safe vehicle to drive on USA roads.

But our market is rigged and rich auto industry executives don't want the Champ sold here. They want us all to buy $30k Tacomas instead.

It's infuriating.

I also like the kei cars that Japan has. I would also like a Toyota Pixis Mega, which is a little minivan that costs $17,600 new for the 2 wheel drive version and $19,600 for the 4 wheel drive version.

Again, nothing wrong with the Pixis Mega except that it's too cheap for the USA market.

Fansong1977

Poster
Not just cars, try drugs on for size. I take Eliquis because of afib and it's very expensive.
What is the price of Eliquis in Europe?

The annual list price of Bristol Myers Squibb's Eliquis, a blood thinner that reduces the risk of stroke, is $7,100 in the US. But in Japan, it's $940; in Canada, it's $900; in Germany, it's $770; in the United Kingdom, it's $760; and in France, it's $650.Feb 6, 2024

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
If only there were something we could do in a Capitalist society to force car prices/restaurants/grocery stores/oil companies/hardware stores/etc. to reduce their prices. I wonder what that could be?

JGpXtk1WQDLoFQa8LLzXP9SLobDDLv4hIjSA5YfsRcj1c7rfaTryvFPNmX1rTo2SK4Jppbg50qcjNaMZ8Y7HfR-dC3LuhdPya1IetU4qLOxYibMs7rsGSz8TugYVskgtEP--UK4EVqMQBzqFqxOr81QZiA2xTEDH0mY

I would buy one tommorrow, but it will unlikely be available here in the US.

$30k Tacomas instead
Not sure where you are, but around here in NC, they dont even carry base models on the lot, and almost refuse to order one. $40k minimum
But are you are being represented
That is bullshit. Just because their is a phony put in front of the crowd does not make a leader, or a proper representative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom