Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If i ran for president on this platform

Joe King

Elite
Vote yes, work no. As no one would pay, and the site would be un-funded and then die. Unless your policy would be a fee to use, then it would be great.

Fuck the cocks btw
Nation worked fine for the first 137 years without an income tax, and it can be done again.

As for his plan, why would no one pay? You'd already be reported on by your employer, bank, and anyone else paying you $$.

The only way no one would pay, would be if the reporting requirements were done away with.
....but then we'd go back to apportionment and the gov would just send everyone a bill for their portion of the gov budget.

Joe King

Elite
not pay willingly
What I was getting at, is if in his plan the irs already knows what you owe, they could just send a bill and people would pay it because there';d be no way out of it.

Now take away all reporting requirements, and it becomes an honor system. At that point, most wouldn't pay, or suddenly start showing very low income.

I would be down for that. Would love to see the bill in detail. Many governmet function would have to be removed.
Apportionment via direct taxes is the only way gov should be funded. It'd serve as a "check" on the limits of gov power and growth, as it could only tax an amount that the lower economic classes could afford to pay. In other words, there'd be no money for anything but the most important of stuff that most would agree on spending money on. There'd be no pork.

What I was getting at, is if in his plan the irs already knows what you owe, they could just send a bill and people would pay it because there';d be no way out of it.

Now take away all reporting requirements, and it becomes an honor system. At that point, most wouldn't pay, or suddenly start showing very low income.

Apportionment via direct taxes is the only way gov should be funded. It'd serve as a "check" on the limits of gov power and growth, as it could only tax an amount that the lower economic classes could afford to pay. In other words, there'd be no money for anything but the most important of stuff that most would agree on spending money on. There'd be no pork.
No pork would be great.

I do understand the need for taxes, but the waste is what I have an issue with. Flat Percentage based tax, would be fair in my mind under the current situation. Trust is a big thing with money.

Joe King

Elite
No pork would be great.

I do understand the need for taxes, but the waste is what I have an issue with.
The only reason there is such waste is due to the fact that there is virtually unlimited funding for their adventures.

Take the excess funding away, and there's suddenly no funds for the pork.

Flat Percentage based tax, would be fair in my mind under the current situation.
But the current situation is what needs to change. Take away the excess funding and it'll change virtually overnight.

The only fair amount under a system where all payors are supposed to be equal, is for everyone to pay the same dollar amount.

It's the only way to guarantee that the gov only has funds for the most important stuff that most everyone agrees on.

Going with a % basis, allows for rates to be fiddled with.

Trust is a big thing with money.
Absolutely, but the gov has lost much of the trust it once had.

Top Bottom