Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If this is the strategy, we are in deep shit (link)...

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Also, I never heard anyone actually blame the gas station owners.

QT makes all their dollars off dem hot dog rollers.

Those rollers are like money making machines!

They also make bank off of the Mexican little Debbie type deserts.

I don't know what you call them, but I tried a pineapple flavored one and it was shit.

Now on the other hand, this is good stuff:

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Also, I never heard anyone actually blame the gas station owners.

QT makes all their dollars off dem hot dog rollers.

Those are like money machines!
No shit. I had a buddy who was in RaceTracks corporate office a few years ago explain that they made pennies on Gas BUT the idea was to get you in to buy the food and shit.

Lets be honest though....Biden would blame us (American votes/consumers) for "wasting gas" to get to work and for all our necessities, if he could. That is literally the only slip up he hasn't made............yet.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
No shit. I had a buddy who was in RaceTracks corporate office a few years ago explain that they made pennies on Gas BUT the idea was to get you in to buy the food and shit.

Lets be honest though....Biden would blame us (American votes/consumers) for "wasting gas" to get to work and for all our necessities, if he could. That is literally the only slip up he hasn't made............yet.

RaceTrack has the best coffee by far. By far.

BurntJ

Founder
I'm so fucking sick and tired of his despotic whispering.
I actually love that he goes from yelling to whispering and back to yelling.

There is literally NOTHING anyone can do to make that fucker look worse than what he does to himself daily. I pray he starts to piss and shit himself during interviews. Imagine the Ped-OTUS being interview and shit is showing through his pants legs. :ROFLMAO:

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Dr jill has to be wondering when will this nightmare be over. Too bad she's not a vet.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
Him and his handlers have no idea how thin the cost is between what they pay and what they charge at the pump. Which is $0.10 - $0.15 Gross, and after expenses about $0.02 - $0.05 per gallon. Lol What an Fn fool

I know we agree that this fucker has no clue what he’s talking about and dead wrong about it being the stations fault. Supply and demand is foreign to these morons. But those numbers aren’t even close, on gas you’re looking at .25-.40 cents above wholesale on average and diesel anywhere from .50-$1 . Large chain truck stops are on the upper end of that and making a lot of money they can basically name their price in most parts of the country and still sell the same amount of gallons it’s kinda disgusting the profits the past 2 years some have made. Places like buckys and similar would not be rapidly expanding if they weren’t making money faster than they can count.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I know we agree that this fucker has no clue what he’s talking about and dead wrong about it being the stations fault. Supply and demand is foreign to these morons. But those numbers aren’t even close, on gas you’re looking at .25-.40 cents above wholesale on average and diesel anywhere from .50-$1 . Large chain truck stops are on the upper end of that and making a lot of money they can basically name their price in most parts of the country and still sell the same amount of gallons it’s kinda disgusting the profits the past 2 years some have made. Places like buckys and similar would not be rapidly expanding if they weren’t making money faster than they can count.

There is a new Bucky's down near Florence, SC on I-95. They have a billboard saying they are hiring cashiers at $21/hr plus benefits! What a fucking time we are living in.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I'm pretty sure gas stations only make a few pennies per gallon on their gas. They make money on overcharging for drinks and snacks. They purposely keep their gas prices low to encourage people to stop at their "tourist trap". If someone was charging 15 cents too much litter ali no one would buy gas from that station and by extension... he'd sell no beer, cokes, bags of chips, ice, cigarettes, cough drops... you get it.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
No sir youre not close. Im not gonna argue with it or where you find your numbers, but youre way way off. Unless somethings changed. My dad and I (mainly my dads money) We looked at buying 2 gas stations that had Laundry mats connected to them both. It was a private deal with the owen whom we insured. What we noticed was $0.10-$0.15. When we researched about every private gas station, franchise, and big chain. Every single one was in that range.

I have no idea where you came up with your numbers (you made them up in your head) but youre way way off. ITs cool I thought the same. I knew the money was made on the snacks inside, but def thought the gas mark up was closer to what you think. Not as high as you think bc Im quite a bit more intelligent but I understand. The interesting part to me is that you responded to something in a manner, like you knew for sure, and knew you had no clue. That is weird for a grow man to do. I lose a little respect for that move. Unless youre a women, then its totally acceptable and understood.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
There is a new Bucky's down near Florence, SC on I-95. They have a billboard saying they are hiring cashiers at $21/hr plus benefits! What a fucking time we are living in.
They make a killing of the store Homes. Not the gas. Lol

Sad we live in a time where men are oblivious. fix your stuff

BurntJ

Founder
Dr jill has to be wondering when will this nightmare be over. Too bad she's not a vet.
Ugh....I'm pretty sure she is the "Doctor" that has given that pedo a "Clean bill of health and mental evaluation".

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

He'll use the "wasting gas" as a reason to shut down voting sites and mandate mail-in voting. It will be a hardship on his 18% supporters to pay to drive to the polls. Of course, he'll not mention they could car pool or have vans pick them up and take them.

BurntJ

Founder
No sir youre not close. Im not gonna argue with it or where you find your numbers, but youre way way off. Unless somethings changed. My dad and I (mainly my dads money) We looked at buying 2 gas stations that had Laundry mats connected to them both. It was a private deal with the owen whom we insured. What we noticed was $0.10-$0.15. When we researched about every private gas station, franchise, and big chain. Every single one was in that range.

I have no idea where you came up with your numbers (you made them up in your head) but youre way way off. ITs cool I thought the same. I knew the money was made on the snacks inside, but def thought the gas mark up was closer to what you think. Not as high as you think bc Im quite a bit more intelligent but I understand. The interesting part to me is that you responded to something in a manner, like you knew for sure, and knew you had no clue. That is weird for a grow man to do. I lose a little respect for that move. Unless youre a women, then its totally acceptable and understood.
This is correct.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Stores currently have a margin of about 3% per gallon. Which is up, but still gasoline remains a "lost leader". Their real profits are snacks/drinks/etc. Hell, government is raking in more than the stores on gasoline via taxes. In states like California/NY/NJ nearly half the price can be attributed to various state & federal taxes.

“A little” as in 15 cents a gallon on average, according to the National Association of Convenience Stores. About 80 percent of the gas purchased in the U.S. is sold by convenience stores like Nordman’s."

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Retired gas station (2) owner 4 houses down the street told me the same thing years ago. Also, pay at the pump lessened in store purchases of items.

TJHall1

Legendary
You fucking moron. Did you just make those numbers up trying to sound smart??

You're a goddamned idiot.

champsballs

Elite
Founder

Lol. Sorry bro but you’re outside your lane on this one and no flame intended. I believe you that there may be a few places like the ones you looked at and only get a few cents on the gallon, but there probly isn’t much overhead on that kinda station which I would love to have something like that.
You are a good dude though and I have nothing against you, was just stating what the numbers are currently for people to see, key word is currently as in the past 2.5 years. If you and you’re old man are still considering a station or truck stop and wanna do something big on an interstate I would love to talk with you sometime and share all the mistakes and horror stories I’ve dealt with.
Once again no flame and ur a good dude I think you know I like to shitpost and flame people no matter who it is. Keeps people on their toes

TJHall1

Legendary
Lol. Sorry bro but you’re outside your lane on this one and no flame intended. I believe you that there may be a few places like the ones you looked at and only get a few cents on the gallon, but there probly isn’t much overhead on that kinda station which I would love to have something like that.
You are a good dude though and I have nothing against you, was just stating what the numbers are currently for people to see, key word is currently as in the past 2.5 years. If you and you’re old man are still considering a station or truck stop and wanna do something big on an interstate I would love to talk with you sometime and share all the mistakes and horror stories I’ve dealt with.
Once again no flame and ur a good dude I think you know I like to shitpost and flame people no matter who it is. Keeps people on their toes
You're a fucking moron. Did you not see the sources up above stating how fucking wrong you are??

What a complete fucking dipshit.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
I'll be hitting it up in September when we head up to the mountains.

Also need recs.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
You're a fucking moron. Did you not see the sources up above stating how fucking wrong you are??

What a complete fucking dipshit.

Ya you’re right I am a moron. Those are fantastic sources to gauge the current climate of the truck stop/c-store industry right now.

TJHall1

Legendary
Ya you’re right I am a moron. Those are fantastic sources to gauge the current climate of the truck stop/c-store industry right now.
If you're talking about right now it's even lower you fucking moron!

Holy shit, you just owned yourself.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
Tbh it sounds like he may be referring to the gas station brands and maybe not the actual station owners so much. If your station is branded like Shell/marathon/bp then you are buying your gas through them and not directly from the wholesaler/pipeline. So therefore the actual station owner has to lower their margins to compete with non branded stations like buccees quiktrip Casey’s etc. my first store is branded Shell on the gas and no brand on diesel and can’t wait to get out of the contract with shell. They’ll make well over 1.5 mil and all they paid for was a 100k canopy over the gas pumps.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I actually love that he goes from yelling to whispering and back to yelling.

There is literally NOTHING anyone can do to make that fucker look worse than what he does to himself daily. I pray he starts to piss and shit himself during interviews. Imagine the Ped-OTUS being interview and shit is showing through his pants legs. :ROFLMAO:
Well to be honest if he did start pissing and shitting himself during interviews he MIGHT look a little worse

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I guess I am in the minority. For every 100 times I get gas, I might go inside and buy something besides my gas once or twice. Almost never step foot inside a gas station.
I always go in and buy a random energy drink. I used to drink them all the time, but now I just grab one On the days I fill up

Top Bottom