Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Your ideal compound.

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
Basement well. Small white dog. Rope. Basket. Lotion. Moths.

bill-with-dog-silence-of-the-lambs-3b0a24vm87ailrk8.gif

TheResister

Elite
I'd do the usual: Underground space for living, garden, animals, some outbuildings with lots of junk cars and other metal parts (so I'd always have a car, building materials and bartering items).

I'd keep it camouflaged so that people thought I was just an ol' country hick living on a struggling farm.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Only above ground structure would be a small Chapple. For worship. IMG_5907.JPG
And tax reasons.

Last edited:

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
Burying 2-3 containers would probably be a good starting point. Once they are in the ground you can customize it to your needs.
Actually that isn't a good idea. They aren't built to take weight on the sides, only from above. You could shore up the sidewalls, but at that point poured concrete with @Rebarcock. would be more effective.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Actually that isn't a good idea. They aren't built to take weight on the sides, only from above. You could shore up the sidewalls, but at that point poured concrete with @Rebarcock. would be more effective.
No way I'll find it but I saw a dude build a really cool double layer inground house. The outer layer was 4 containers and acted as a walk in basement type entrance. He then had reinforced concrete bunker past that about 15' underground. He was using the containers as load bearing supports and not side strength. It gave him lots of storage space without it being detached from his bunker so he had stuff when he came out of the bunker. Dude was rich as shit so it was neat.

Probably 20 year old video by now though. LOL.

TheResister

Elite
No way I'll find it but I saw a dude build a really cool double layer inground house. The outer layer was 4 containers and acted as a walk in basement type entrance. He then had reinforced concrete bunker past that about 15' underground. He was using the containers as load bearing supports and not side strength. It gave him lots of storage space without it being detached from his bunker so he had stuff when he came out of the bunker. Dude was rich as shit so it was neat.

Probably 20 year old video by now though. LOL.
It might work if you reinforce the containers, but I've seen a number of videos where the container collapsed the moment people began putting dirt on them.

Top Bottom