Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Growing up in the 50's we'd go to the grocery store for dry goods, can goods and paper products. Fresh fruit and veggies came from the roadside markets or the field. Fresh meat came from meat markets which each town had. Larger towns had several. Milk, OJ, and related products were delivered. As inflation increases costs and nitwittery like Tyson restricts supply enterprising people will adapt.

It's the same with medical care as I do stuff my parents and grandparents did without going to the MD.

I grew up in the 80’s-90’s and we were poor as shit. My parents had a small ranch with my granny. We butchered a beef and a hog every year. We also grew a garden, would go pick corn from the neighbors field, and canning was a big deal every summer. My granny had a milk cow and the chickens for eggs. When I would tell people in the army how my wife and I grew up (I went to school with her brother k-12) they’d make jokes about me living in 1890. But we picked up some damned good skills for living.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I grew up in the 80’s-90’s and we were poor as shit. My parents had a small ranch with my granny. We butchered a beef and a hog every year. We also grew a garden, would go pick corn from the neighbors field, and canning was a big deal every summer. My granny had a milk cow and the chickens for eggs. When I would tell people in the army how my wife and I grew up (I went to school with her brother k-12) they’d make jokes about me living in 1890. But we picked up some damned good skills for living.
Very similar to my early life and some even now. We recently sold Mom's farm and still get shipped bags of fresh fruit from the buyer. My great-grandfather owned a mill. We always got shipments of flour and buckwheat pancake mix. I churned many gallons of fresh milk to make butter and collected eggs from the chickens. Grandfather lopped off chicken heads for fresh chicken. They'd run around the yard headless for several steps before flopping over.

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
Sounds similar to the way I grew up in rural western West Virginia in the 60’s and 70’s...except we didn’t know we were poor...

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Very similar to my early life and some even now. We recently sold Mom's farm and still get shipped bags of fresh fruit from the buyer. My great-grandfather owned a mill. We always got shipments of flour and buckwheat pancake mix. I churned many gallons of fresh milk to make butter and collected eggs from the chickens. Grandfather lopped off chicken heads for fresh chicken. They'd run around the yard headless for several steps before flopping over.

LOL, I remember the first time I saw a headless chicken running around like it’s yesterday. Well, I think it was my first time.

The small companies need to ban together and form their own slaughter houses and sell direct to the public in 1/4 sides or larger. Go back to local meat markets. You'll get fresher meat and increase employment. A lot of us are doing stuff that worked 50-60 years or more ago.

this would be a good idea and something that they should be looking into

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Phillip McKraken

Legendary
Founder
Growing up in the 50's we'd go to the grocery store for dry goods, can goods and paper products. Fresh fruit and veggies came from the roadside markets or the field. Fresh meat came from meat markets which each town had. Larger towns had several. Milk, OJ, and related products were delivered. As inflation increases costs and nitwittery like Tyson restricts supply enterprising people will adapt.

It's the same with medical care as I do stuff my parents and grandparents did without going to the MD.
Like your prostate exam?

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
iu

From the other side of the big pond ...

1625330864724.png

ShaolinNole

Legendary
The leader of this band was arrested in the Jan. 6th fiasco. Love metal and love this rendition of a classic song only Americans can produce. SKOL Patriots!

Yep. Love Iced Earth and Demons and Wizards. Saw DW live in late 2019. Incredible show. Sad that most all of his band mates in both bands turned their backs on him while he was protesting for the free world. Ironically, when DW played Matt Barlow came out and sang a duet with Hansi Kursch on I Died for You. Anyhow, my fave DW song below.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
We are at the family ranch this week and Karl Rove has a ranch basically next door. He told our uncle that Biden is on high levels of adderal and pumped with some other drug that I can’t remember since I got drunk last night, before every speaking event. He doesn’t expect him to make it much longer.

Invite Karl Into the LAC - Let's See If He Has The Balls and Can Hang With the Big-Boys

Top Bottom